In August, Popular Mechanics magazine will reveal the results of the worldwide contest for the best concept design of an “aircraft of the future". In the “Science" section, readers will find material on relic neutrinos and an article from the series “Science of the Impossible" dedicated to speeds beyond the speed of light. Weapons fans will find coverage of modern military equipment designed to overcome specially engineered fortifications.
Also in this issue:
- How “black boxes" are made, found and decoded;
- Evolution vs. “intelligent design": the viewpoint of modern science;
- Kinetic sculptures by Brad Litwin: art with mechanisms;
- Parkour – one of the most extreme sports;
- Glass bricks in place of concrete.