The Seventh Annual Cosmopolitan Beauty Awards (CBA) were held on September 7 at the Ginkgo restaurant in the center of Moscow.
The Cosmopolitan Beauty Awards are a prestigious annual prize awarded by Cosmopolitan and Cosmopolitan Beauty magazines for the best new cosmetics products of the year. The award is meant to generate interest in new beauty trends, recognize the creators of exciting new products and provide consumers with some reference points among the hundreds of new cosmetics products that appear on the market every year.
This year’s awards went to perfume and cosmetic products that appeared on the market between August 2009 and August 2010. The most deserving, hottest and most exciting received the CBA.
The selection takes place in seven categories: Best Facial Care Product, Best Hair Care Product, Best Body Care Product, Best Make Up Product, Best Fragrance for Women, Best Fragrance for Men and Best Design. Three winners were chosen in each category. The first winner is chosen by an independent jury, the second by the Cosmopolitan and Cosmopolitan Beauty editorial staff, and the third by readers, who submit their votes through the magazines’ websites. The jury consists of attractive public figures that are knowledgeable about the beauty field.
The awards ceremony brought together participants, the celebrity jury and the chief editors of the glossy magazines. Throughout the event, guests could make use of the beauty bar with Feng Shui manicures by Christina Fitzgerald and by creating perfect eyebrows with help from Benefit Brow Bar.
Winners received a stylish Cosmopolitan Beauty Awards statuette and bouquets of flowers from the AMF international flower delivery chain. Each guest received a complimentary gift trunk of handmade Konfael chocolates.
Throughout this year, winners in each category will have the right to use the CBA logo in all of their ATL and BTL promotions and advertising, on product packaging, souvenirs, point of sale products, etc. They will have the right to state that that particular product or products earned the highest rating from Cosmopolitan’s objective and professional committee.
Video excerpts of the 2010 Cosmopolitan Beauty Awards will be aired on “Cosmopolitan: Video Version” on the TNT television station and on the website Cosmo.ru.
The winners are:
Best Facial Care Product
- Jury’s Choice (jury member Anatasia Makeyeva): Kenzo, Belle De Jour Mask made from white lotus;
- Editors’ Choice: Launch of the Murasaki brand on the Russian market;
- Readers’ Choice: Youth Code line of skin anti-aging products from L’Oréal Paris.
Best Body Care Product:
- Jury’s Choice (Yana Laputina): Cellu Destock anti-cellulite cream from Vichy;
- Editors’ Choice: Super Aqua Body intensive moisturizing serum from Guerlain;
- Readers’ Choice: softening cream for hands and cuticles, body milk and mousse for the shower from the Deep Comfort line by Clinique.
Best Make Up Product:
- Jury’s Choice (Yekaterina Vulichenko): Singulier modeling mascara with 3-D effects by Yves Saint Laurent;
- Editors’ Choice: Hypnôse Precious Cells mascara care by Lancôme;
- Readers’ Choice: Lash Extension Effect mascara with the effect of false lashes by Max Factor.
Best Hair Care Product:
- Jury’s Choice (Maria Kozhevnikova): Super Strong Liquid Treatment intensive rejuvenating spray by Paul Mitchell;
- Editors’ Choice: Full Recovery 5, Elsève line of care products from L’Oréal Paris;
- Readers’ Choice: Merging with Nature line of care products from Pantene Pro-V.
Best Fragrance for Women:
- Jury’s Choice (Yelena Knyazeva): Idole, from Giorgi Armani;
- Editors’ Choice: Eaudemoiselle, from Givenchy;
- Readers’ Choice: Chance Eau Tendre, from Chanel.
Best Fragrance for Men:
- Jury’s Choice (Maxim Matveyev): Gucci By Gucci Pour Homme Sport, from Gucci;
- Editors’ Choice: Zen for Men, from Shiseido;
- Readers’ Choice: Fahrenheit Absolute, from Dior.
- Jury’s Choice (Dari Gauzer): make up collection by Thierry Mugler;
- Editors’ Choice: new deodorants from the Mineral Deodorant line, by Garnier;
- Readers’ Choice: Signature five-color powder by Estée Lauder.